has elected an African-American as president. America ’s standing in the world is about to rise dramatically. America
- The Republican Party is d-doornail-dead as a national party. It’ll be a generation before they can regroup and take over again.
- Our new president is a lodestone for people’s hopes – so, a big chunk of the human race will have his back, will be trying to help him succeed.
Today’s four lousy things:
- The misogyny of the primaries has been rewarded, and in a very personalized way for one remarkable person. Hillary Clinton will never be President of the United States.
- The Democratic Party is being led by deeply unserious and/or unprincipled people.
- We have a large question-mark at the center of our government, in a chair that has traditionally required vision and decisiveness, and at a time that would seem to require an extra measure of both.
- Homophobia still ranges the land – even on the
. Left Coast
And tomorrow? Well, it’s another day... and the forecast is at least a mix of sunshine and clouds, after a long, dark season.